- What is the plural of deer?
- What is the plural of hero?
- What is the plural of them?
- Why is it called runner up?
- What’s another word for runner up?
- What is 3rd place called?
- What is the plural of Oasis?
- What is the plural of diagnosis?
- What is the plural of roofs?
- What is the plural of vertebra?
- What place is 1st runner up?
- What is the plural form of zero?
- What is the plural of giraffe?
- What is the difference between winner and runner up?
- What is the plural of medium?
- What is first and second runner up?
- What’s higher than a champion?
- What is the plural of bacterium?
- What is the correct plural form of runner up?
- What is second runner up mean?
- What is Crisis plural?
What is the plural of deer?
noun, plural deer, (occasionally) deers.
any of the smaller species of this family, as distinguished from the moose, elk, etc..
What is the plural of hero?
Heros. Heroes is the plural form of hero. So if Bonnie Tyler were to need more than one hero (let’s say two), then she’d call out, “I need two heroes!” .
What is the plural of them?
It and its are singular; they, them, their are plural. MiceFaces says.
Why is it called runner up?
The term runner-up comes from the dog track, where it referred to the hound that finished second in the final heat. An explanation dating back to 1890 states that “the dog last running with the winner is called the runner-up because he ran through the races up to the last race without being defeated once.”
What’s another word for runner up?
What is another word for runner up?qualifierchallengercontendercontestantfinalistfrontrunnerrunner-upthird place
What is 3rd place called?
In community building, the third place is the social surroundings separate from the two usual social environments of home (“first place”) and the workplace (“second place”). Examples of third places would be environments such as churches, cafes, clubs, public libraries, bookstores or parks.
What is the plural of Oasis?
Plural oases (ō-ā′sēz)
What is the plural of diagnosis?
diagnosis. noun. di·ag·no·sis | \ ˌdī-əg-ˈnō-səs \ plural diagnoses\ -ˌsēz \
What is the plural of roofs?
plural roofs\ ˈrüfs , ˈru̇fs also ˈrüvz , ˈru̇vz \
What is the plural of vertebra?
Plural vertebrae (vûr′tə-brā′, -brē′) vertebras.
What place is 1st runner up?
the competitor, player, or team finishing in second place.
What is the plural form of zero?
zero (countable and uncountable, plural zeroes or zeros) The numeric symbol that represents the cardinal number zero.
What is the plural of giraffe?
noun. Save Word. gi·raffe | \ jə-ˈraf \ plural giraffes.
What is the difference between winner and runner up?
As nouns the difference between winner and runnerup is that winner is one who has won or often wins while runnerup is (runner-up).
What is the plural of medium?
The singular media and its plural medias seem to have originated in the field of advertising over 70 years ago; they are still so used without stigma in that specialized field. In most other applications media is used as a plural of medium.
What is first and second runner up?
1. runner-up – the competitor who finishes second. second best. challenger, competitor, contender, rival, competition – the contestant you hope to defeat; “he had respect for his rivals”; “he wanted to know what the competition was doing”
What’s higher than a champion?
Champion Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for champion?winnervictortopgreatestsuperiorcupholdertrooperstalwartreigning championtough cookie26 more rows
What is the plural of bacterium?
Bacteria is historically and normally the plural of bacterium. A single bacterium can divide and produce millions of bacteria. … Some people who say this pluralize it as bacterias. the temperature at which a bacteria can grow. Antibiotics and alcohol can kill good bacterias.
What is the correct plural form of runner up?
noun, plural run·ners-up. runners-up, the competitors who do not win a contest but who place ahead of the majority of the contestants and share in prizes or honors, as those who place second, third, and fourth, or in the top ten.
What is second runner up mean?
One that takes second place or finishes just behind another, as in a game, sport, or other competition.
What is Crisis plural?
crisis. noun. cri·sis | \ ˈkrī-səs \ plural crises\ ˈkrī-ˌsēz \